Friday, June 13, 2008

Auditions a plenty

So, yet another audition. My week has picked up, eh? This time more of an "open call" thing. Which I usually hate. They take forever.

But, this time went pretty smoothly. I got there and was #59 and they were on #16. Sounds scary, but 1 hour later, it was my turn. That's not too bad. And, there were 3 or 4 friends waiting there to keep me company, so that's always helpful.

The audition was easy. 3 in at a time. Basically stepping into frame, then "oohing and ahhing" about some new building. That's all. Simple, right? It would be nice to get because it pays pretty well. Especially just for some reactions.
My group was okay. One was a fellow actor that I know well. We worked together on a music video and Hannah Montana. He did a great job. The other was a very nice woman, but she was really destroying the vibe. We had to "ad lib" a lot. You know, "improvise". "Oh, look at that new room. That's going to be amazing". Instead, she'd comment on the obvious made up nature of our sentences.
EXAMPLE:
ME: "Look at that up there".
HER: "Oh, that pipe? Yeah, very rustic ."

See the annoyance? So, you just try to ignore her comments and stay in character.
Amazing how some people just really don't get it.
Oh well.  All the better for me.

No comments: